Saturday, February 21, 2009

Welcome back ...to me

Photo courtesy of Chris Munton Photography.


I haven't posted in so long that I don't even know where to start. I won't bore you with excuses about how busy life has been but I will share the wonderful events that have graced my life in the past 18 months.

Since I last wrote, I have gotten married, moved 3 times (from South Africa to Nigeria, from Lagos to Abuja and within Abuja). I also had a baby, the happiest little girl on the planet, who has brought unfathomable joy to my hubby and me.

Motherhood threw me for a loop at first. I could not seem to figure out how to get all the things that needed to get done in a day done. I struggled to find a rhythm. From afar, I probably looked like the person on the dance floor who seems to be dancing to the lyrics, not the beat. Fortunately, now that my sweetheart is almost 5 months old, I think I am getting the hang of it and figuring out this newly and forever reconfigured life.

No comments:

Post a Comment